August 1, 2008
here are 7 things that could be minimalized in your master bedroom today:
clothing (closets, drawers, and shoes)
dresser tops (jewelry, change, receipts, buttons, photos)
your nightstand drawers
old magazines/books (face it – you’re never going to read that article)
throw pillows (a few are decorative, too many is clutter)
your television (consider the benefits)
the junk under your bed
July 28, 2008
we have begun a new series here at becoming minimalist that we call “quick tips.” three sentences or less to a less-cluttered home.
quick tip #1 – remove vhs tapes from your home. don’t just store them, remove them. if you really watch them that often, buy the dvd (it’s better quality picture anyway).
quick tip #2 – get rid of your vcr too (it’s just taking up space now that you don’t have any vhs tapes).
July 27, 2008
July 24, 2008
here are 7 things that could be minimalized in your living room today:
- books (on the bookcase or in the magazine rack)
- old family photos (do you really need 2 photos of your cousin displayed?)
- cds/dvds (remove the ones you don’t use and put the remainders in storage out of sight)
- decorative items (keeping just the items that you want people to notice will help them get noticed)
- entertainment center (remove old components and organize cords)
- children’s toys (put them in storage out of sight – “everything gets a home”)
- furniture (remove and rearrange – you just may fall in love with the extra space)
do you have anything to add to the list?